How to transfer TurboTax to new computer with Windows 10, 8 or 7
In this article, we'll see how to transfer TurboTax (along with other programs) from one computer to another, including reports, returns, e-files, data and everything else you need for it to function just as on the old machine.
There are two ways to do the transfer. First option is a manual reinstall. In order to do that, you will need to install a new copy of Turbo Tax on the new computer (assuming you have the installation media, and have the license information written down). Then, you'll need to find and copy your data, your reports, your returns, your settings and configurations. Of course, there is a better way.
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to transfer TurboTax completely automatically - using Zinstall WinWin, and copy TurboTax software, data, reports, settings from the old laptop or deskop to the new one. This tutorial works for XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. Yes, this does mean that you can transfer TurboTax even from XP to Windows 10!
How to transfer TurboTax from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don't need to do any configurations for the computers to connect - it's automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don't need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don't need to go to the Advanced menu. TurboTax will be transferred automatically.
- Press "Go" on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That's it! You now have TurboTax, with all of your data and other programs, on your new computer.
Ready to transfer your TurboTax, programs and files? Get Zinstall WinWin here.