How to transfer Photoshop to new computer with Windows 10, 8 or 7
In this article, we'll see how to transfer Photoshop (along with other programs, such as Lightroom, Illustrator and other Creative Suite components) from one computer to another, including workspaces, catalogs, presets, brushes, definitions, drawings and data. In fact, you can also transfer other programs and files as well, not just Photoshop, and they will all function just as on the old machine.
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to transfer Photoshop completely automatically - using Zinstall WinWin, and copy Photoshop software, .psd files, workspaces, definitions and settings from the old laptop or desktop to the new one. This tutorial works for XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. Yes, this does mean that you can transfer Photoshop even from XP to Windows 10!
Note on licensing: the tool used in this tutorial transfers the licenses files as well, so if you have lost your disks or don't remember the license number, you can still use it. However, it is up to you to make sure that your license is still valid for use on a new computer. Photoshop will also verify license validity when it first starts.
How to transfer Photoshop from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don't need to do any configurations for the computers to connect - it's automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don't need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don't need to go to the Advanced menu. Photoshop will be transferred automatically.
- Press "Go" on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That's it! You now have Photoshop, with all of your data and other programs, on your new computer.
Ready to transfer your Photoshop, programs and files? Get Zinstall WinWin here.