How to transfer files from PC to PC
When you get a new PC, the first thing you need to do is transfer files from your old PC to the new PC. Today, this can be done automatically - and without forgetting anything.
In fact, in this tutorial you'll see how to transfer all files, all settings and all programs from your old PC to the new one - automatically, completely, and with no prior experience required.
This tutorial works for any Windows versions - Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
There are 3 parts that are important to any PC to PC transfer:
- Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
- Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
- Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs to the new computer
How to transfer files from PC to PC (and programs as well!)
- Run Zinstall WinWin on your current PC (the one you are transferring from).
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new PC
- You don't need to do any configurations for the computers to connect - it's automatic
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don't need anything else
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don't need to go to the Advanced menu.
- Press "Go" on the new PC to start the transfer